How To Choose Your Fleurieu Wedding Venue?
Choosing your Fleurieu wedding venue is a big deal. Your venue can be the most expensive aspect of your wedding. It sets the tone and style you want to achieve. There are a lot of important questions you will want answers to when it comes to picking your ideal wedding venue. We hope this list will help our Fleurieu brides.
Firstly, before you make any rash venue decisions, you need draft yourself a wedding budget. You don’t want to sign on the dotted line for your Fleurieu Wedding venue, to only find out down the track you haven’t left funds for your DJ. After ready this blog be sure to check out our supplier directory too!
Secondly, prepare yourself with a wedding planning book or a place where you can track all of your research on wedding venue ideas and then you can organise it and review different Fleurieu wedding venues without losing your mind. Also determine if you’re more of an all-inclusive, a la carte or BYO couple. This will definitely help you narrow down your options. It’s important that your Fleurieu venue matches your personality and what you represent as a couple.
Here are Fleurieu Weddings top tips for finding your perfect wedding venue in Adelaide:
- Price – Be realistic and don’t fall in love with a venue because it is Insta-worthy. Don’t torment yourself by looking at wedding venues that are $10,000 when your budget only allows you for $4,000. The Fleurieu Peninsula offers heaps of amazing wedding venues for every brides budget.
- Availability – If you have already chosen a date or a particular time of the year it’s important to check the wedding venues you are looking at have your date available. If you can be flexible with your date then keep this in mind, Adelaide brides are fantastically organised and often popular dates are booked out.
- Capacity – Many wedding venues on the Fleurieu Peninsula cater for large weddings and more intimate weddingsbut you should try and have an idea of how many guests you are inviting. You wouldn’t want a huge space if you are only inviting 30 of your nearest and dearest, just as you wouldn’t want 150 people crammed into a small vintage cellar. The last thing you want is to have to cut people from the invite list to fit everyone in.
- Location – The Fleurieu Peninsula (and Adelaide in general) have some world famous wedding venues. Whether it’s beachfront, vineyards or luscious green hills you want you can find it on the Fleurieu. Try to think logistically when choosing your location; do you need accommodation nearby, what transport will you require, etc.
- Catering – Some Fleurieu Wedding venues cater events themselves, others will exclusively use a certain catering company and some will let you self-cater. Work out what style of catering you desire and see if your list of venues match this.
- Style & Vibe – The overall style of your wedding can be hard to pin down, often it’s just a gut feeling and your personalities shining through. If you’re looking for a casual food truck wedding on the Fleurieu then a church isn’t going to be the best fit, you want to check out some of the local self-catering wineries perhaps. Similarly, if you are after the black tie, a la carte wedding style perhaps a venue that offers a large indoor space and roaming waiters is better suited. Find out if your venue has decor packages or if it is a clean slate for you to style as you wish.
We hope these tips have helped our brides-to-be choose their Fleurieu wedding venue. Like us on Facebook for more handy tips and plenty of giveaways.